The goal of the project is “to unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.”
So, here goes! My 7 links:
MOST BEAUTIFUL POST
That’s a lot of pressure. Most Beautiful. I’ll give you this post, in which a moment that felt creepy turned surprisingly beautiful. I live for this kind of beauty.
MOST POPULAR POST
Who knew so many people were as curious as I about the Big White Ball that moved into Seattle’s Elliot Bay in May. My daily visitors doubled the day after I posted it and two months later, tons of people are still googling that big white ball every day. Which got me thinking, What else are people dying to know about?
I was thrilled to interview Ms. MacCaulay for her perspective on tourism development overseas. Hundreds of thousands of travellers stay in mega resorts in the Caribbean every year. Ms. MacCaulay shares both environmental and socio-economic repercussions of large scale tourism development.
MOST HELPFUL POST
This was tough, I’m not sure I write very many helpful posts, but interestingly, a handful of people search the web every week for Coconut Sugar Cakes. Need a recipe? Want to see a coconut plantation or peek inside a roadside shop? Find it here.
A POST WHOSE SUCCESS SURPRISED ME
I wrote this post as a way to sort out powerful feelings after a day with a wilderness school. I didn’t know so many others would read it and be touched.
A POST THAT DIDN’T GET THE ATTENTION I THINK IT DESERVED
I am so in love with La Posada Sonada and idea behind Miraflor Nature Reserve in Nicaragua, I can’t help but sing it’s praise over and over. I hope more countries will initiate projects like this and people like Dona Corina Picado participate.
POST I AM MOST PROUD OF
So proud of my husband and our partners and the enormous team of awesome people who worked hard to open Black Bottle Postern and now keep it running smoothly.
Receive new posts by email!
- Help me make decisions about my book
- The Innkeeper is open!
- Then and now
- Finding my way
- Across the cafe table: at the beach
- My 7 links
- Salmonberry pancakes
- At the sea under the moon
- Lunar eclipse
- Carrying water
- Edison, Washington: the perfect tiny town
- This moment part 2
- Golden Glen Creamery
- This moment
- Big white ball
Facebook Like Box
Tagsadventure alternative energy aviation bathrooms beach Black Bottle blogging book Brian Durbin camping caribbean Caribbean food coffee connecting cooking cooking schools costa rica diana mccaulay dinghy experiential travel flying food Grantourismo hawaii HomeAway Holiday Rentals island japan Japanese food kauai kids Nicaragua off the grid Petit Byahaut photography restaurants road trip san juan islands Seattle seattle restaurants St. Vincent & the Grenadines sustainable travel travel travel memoirs Washington State writing
- Still a few seats left for tonight's Coyote Central Guest Chef Tuesday: BLACK BOTTLE http://t.co/tHZaYuwg Come support youth in the kitchen! 2012-10-09
- @racheljmac Thanks for the follow! I SO want to go to Zanzibar. And Ethiopia. Looking forward to following your stories. :) 2012-10-09
- @jonclinch Congrats on deciding to self-publish The Thief of Auschwitz. And thank you for leading the way! 2012-10-09
- Books, authors, Seattle! RT @RonCharles Amazon isn't the whole story: Feeling bookish in #Seattle http://t.co/Yt6kyXsQ 2012-10-09
- Just followed. RT @gatespoverty A 13 Year Old Mother in Tanzania Shares Her Story on Pinterest: http://t.co/8PyIbICP #DayoftheGirl 2012-10-09
- More updates...