One of the pleasures I’ve found blogging is “meeting” other people who love to travel as much as I do. I’d yet to meet one of those travelers in person, until Andrea Wren of Travelling Wren emailed from England saying she was coming to Seattle and invited me to join her for a hosted dinner at Pan Pacific Hotel. I was thrilled.
With 2010 on it’s way out, it seems appropriate to summarize the year somehow, so I just added a new ”Best Of” page. Although this blog came to life in the end of 2009, all of these posts were written in 2010.
They are not only some of my favorites, but also they’re some of the most viewed posts (thank you for reading!).
I hope you [...]
One year ago today, I wrote my first blog post on A Dream Made Truth.
My initial intention was to create more of a website than a blog, a place for literary agents to find out more about the memoir I’m writing. I didn’t know what I was doing but I did understand that more readers was better than less [...]
Receive new posts by email!
- Help me make decisions about my book
- The Innkeeper is open!
- Then and now
- Finding my way
- Across the cafe table: at the beach
- My 7 links
- Salmonberry pancakes
- At the sea under the moon
- Lunar eclipse
- Carrying water
- Edison, Washington: the perfect tiny town
- This moment part 2
- Golden Glen Creamery
- This moment
- Big white ball
Facebook Like Box
Tagsadventure alternative energy aviation bathrooms beach Black Bottle blogging book Brian Durbin camping caribbean Caribbean food coffee connecting cooking cooking schools costa rica diana mccaulay dinghy experiential travel flying food Grantourismo hawaii HomeAway Holiday Rentals island japan Japanese food kauai kids Nicaragua off the grid Petit Byahaut photography restaurants road trip san juan islands Seattle seattle restaurants St. Vincent & the Grenadines sustainable travel travel travel memoirs Washington State writing
- Still a few seats left for tonight's Coyote Central Guest Chef Tuesday: BLACK BOTTLE http://t.co/tHZaYuwg Come support youth in the kitchen! 2012-10-09
- @racheljmac Thanks for the follow! I SO want to go to Zanzibar. And Ethiopia. Looking forward to following your stories. :) 2012-10-09
- @jonclinch Congrats on deciding to self-publish The Thief of Auschwitz. And thank you for leading the way! 2012-10-09
- Books, authors, Seattle! RT @RonCharles Amazon isn't the whole story: Feeling bookish in #Seattle http://t.co/Yt6kyXsQ 2012-10-09
- Just followed. RT @gatespoverty A 13 Year Old Mother in Tanzania Shares Her Story on Pinterest: http://t.co/8PyIbICP #DayoftheGirl 2012-10-09
- More updates...