In a recent post, I promised this photo essay. After viewing the pictures, my husband and I gained a new appreciation for our children’s sense of humor. But then we wondered, ”Is it a little warped?”
We were on Nicaragua’s volcanic island, Ometepe, and had just finished dinner. Brian and I wanted to relax with our caipirinhas. The kids were done sitting.
Forget DVD players, ipads, activity books, and games. When traveling, give your child the camera and they’ll be entertained for hours.
My camera didn’t cost thousands of dollars, and if you’re handing yours over to the children, yours probably shouldn’t either. Nonetheless, tell your child you’re entrusting them with a valuable piece of family equipment, and hopefully they’ll be empowered to take extra [...]
Recently I noticed, while going through my camera roll, just how many food related photos my family has taken lately.
People often ask who cooks in our family. They want to know if I’m eating chef prepared meals every day. My husband is a chef after all.
Unfortunately for me, for most of our life together, he’s [...]
While strolling the streets of Tokyo, we happened upon…
An urban rice paddy! Kids held rice plants carefully…
And worked up their nerve…
Can a day get much better?
Check out Photo Friday on Delicious Baby for more fun travel stories!
The day we landed on St. Vincent happened to be Remy’s fifth birthday. I don’t remember my daughter having much interest in flowers before we moved to Petit Byahaut, but once there, she became obsessed with them.
I couldn’t blame her. We were surrounded by a myriad of amazing tropical [...]
I love this picture. I know Remy’s hair is in her face and both her and Simon’s eyes are closed, but this picture tells a thousand words.
Simon has his eyes shut tight because he doesn’t want to have his picture taken and he thinks we won’t see him if he can’t [...]
Receive new posts by email!
- Help me make decisions about my book
- The Innkeeper is open!
- Then and now
- Finding my way
- Across the cafe table: at the beach
- My 7 links
- Salmonberry pancakes
- At the sea under the moon
- Lunar eclipse
- Carrying water
- Edison, Washington: the perfect tiny town
- This moment part 2
- Golden Glen Creamery
- This moment
- Big white ball
Facebook Like Box
Tagsadventure alternative energy aviation bathrooms beach Black Bottle blogging book Brian Durbin camping caribbean Caribbean food coffee connecting cooking cooking schools costa rica diana mccaulay dinghy experiential travel flying food Grantourismo hawaii HomeAway Holiday Rentals island japan Japanese food kauai kids Nicaragua off the grid Petit Byahaut photography restaurants road trip san juan islands Seattle seattle restaurants St. Vincent & the Grenadines sustainable travel travel travel memoirs Washington State writing
- Still a few seats left for tonight's Coyote Central Guest Chef Tuesday: BLACK BOTTLE http://t.co/tHZaYuwg Come support youth in the kitchen! 2012-10-09
- @racheljmac Thanks for the follow! I SO want to go to Zanzibar. And Ethiopia. Looking forward to following your stories. :) 2012-10-09
- @jonclinch Congrats on deciding to self-publish The Thief of Auschwitz. And thank you for leading the way! 2012-10-09
- Books, authors, Seattle! RT @RonCharles Amazon isn't the whole story: Feeling bookish in #Seattle http://t.co/Yt6kyXsQ 2012-10-09
- Just followed. RT @gatespoverty A 13 Year Old Mother in Tanzania Shares Her Story on Pinterest: http://t.co/8PyIbICP #DayoftheGirl 2012-10-09
- More updates...